Sunday, July 24, 2011

Utah was AWESOME!

We just got home from Utah and I have to say we had the best time. We went there for a wedding and to spend time with friends and it was a lot of fun. What's not so fun is the realization that I haven't worked out since Thursday and I gained 3 lbs over the weekend. YUCK! Let me recap my weekend for you.

Thursday night we left our house at about 11pm so we got to socal around 2am. We dropped off my stepdaughter and then drove to Buena Park to drop off Lorenzo. We arrive there around 3 only to realize we forgot his suitcase. I considered staying behind and just going back home and letting Steve go alone but my mom assured me she would take care of it. So we were off! Once we left it was about 3:30 am and we were STARVING. The only thing open at the time was jack in the box. Yes, yes, I know, not the best option but it was the only option. I could have ordered a salad or something but instead I ordered a chicken pita, fries and soda! Shameful right? I don't even know how the words came out of my mouth. I haven't had fast food in ages and I really thought I kicked the habit but apparently I have not. I ate the pita and drank the diet coke. I let the fries get cold purposely so I wouldn't eat them. I ate a few and that was it. We arrived at the hotel at 4am only to rest for an hour and get up to get ready for our 7:50 flight. I grabbed a turkey, bacon and cheese wrap and a coffee for breakfast. It was downhill after that. Chicken philly at the mall, followed by filet mignon with a blue cheese and panco crust...and cocktails. Breakfast the next morning was a buffet. DANGER! DANGER! I made sure to order my egg white omelet and eat that first. I ate bacon, french toast (no butter or syrup) and a danish. After than I had some snacks: almonds, chips fruit. Dinner was another filet and crab cake in a nice bernaise sauce with augratin potatoes, broccoli, sweet potatoes and cheesecake for dessert. Oh and more cocktails. I ate so much food but I have to tell you I feel more guilt about not working out. I have come to look forward to working out. I don't like it but I know its necessary. I am a foodie and always will be but I know that I can not lose control like this ever again.

This weekend we are going back down to socal for the weekend. I will not allow myself to be lazy for slack on my eating plan. These 30 lbs have to come off by October 1 and that will not happen without dedication and hard work. Here goes nothing!

No comments: